Saturday, November 3, 2012

OOTD: The Artsy Fartsy Edition

I rarely do outfit of the day posts (OOTD) for two basic reasons. 1, I don't own a proper camera and 2, I am too shy to ask a stranger to take my photo. Also, I wear the same stuff again and again, not very exciting for other people to take notice.

Anyway, today is a special day as I managed to drag my lazy butt off on a gray Saturday Afternoon to visit one of my favorite museum here in Singapore, the Singapore Arts Museum or SAM. I love their collection of contemporary art in different media, there are sculptures, paintings, videos, etc. Special also as I managed to take a few shots of what I was wearing.

OOTD: I wore a thrifted denim shirt over a pale pink tee from TopMan. Paired with dark green pants which I previously blogged about here. Shoes are white espadrilles from H&M and the Zadig & Voltaire bag is a freebie from one of the fashion magazines. 

Here is a slightly better look at what I was wearing.
Behind me is a Wasinburee Supanichvoraparch metal sculpture of a puppy. 
A very huge puppy that is.

And below are a few more pictures taken by my good friend.
Though I am not a fan of smoking, I did enjoy the series of smoking portraits by a Thai Artist.
Can you name them all? LOL! I spy Frida Kahlo, Princess Di, Andy Warhol, Kurt Cobain, Vincent Van Gogh and so much more. 

This cute monogrammed creature is by an artist named Zero. 

I love this hauntingly beautiful portrait.

There are a few Filipino artists whose works were featured on SAM. 
One of which is Louie Cordero (above).

Plus a whole room dedicated to contemporary Filipino artists over at SAM at 8Q. See above.

And so the day is over. Thanks for reading!

See yah later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...